1. What is the cost to be part of The Collective at CreateATL?
The final monthly cost is based on whether you are for-profit or non-profit and the number of employees who need access. Rates begin at $250/month if you operate for-profit and $150/mo for non-profits with a single employee.
2. What are the benefits of being part of The Collective?
- 24/7/365 access to a dedicated workspace
- Business-class wifi and a business center for all your office needs
- Access to conference rooms, meeting areas, and podcast/editing suites
- Entrepreneurial support programs and networking events
- Twice yearly access to host events in our 200+ person event space
3. How does CreateATL work?
Our converted industrial warehouse in Adair Park is broken up into three distinct elements (DREAM, LIFT, BUILD) designed to serve neighbors and business. DREAM houses The Collective and other businesses, LIFT is our casual coworking and coffee area where we also host events, and lastly, the BUILD space where craftsman and artists can get dirty while they work on their projects.
4. If not selected, can I still pay to have access to the space?
Yes, depending on the number of businesses chosen, there may be additional space available. We also offer general coworking in our building without the benefits of being a member business.
5. What are the Entrepreneur Support Program attendance requirements?
We require members of The Collective to attend an onboarding session and at least two additional sessions within a two-year time frame. Being engaged as a Collective and learning together is an important part of the CreateATL experience so we encourage you to tap into the support programs.
6. If I am selected as a finalist for an interview, how does the interview session work?
All interviews will be held virtually. You will have two minutes to pitch to the selection committee followed by a short question and answer session. Once all interviews are completed, you will be notified via email of your selection status. We anticipate notification to be completed within five business days of your interview.
7. Can you share more about what should be included in the pitch?
We would like to understand what drove you to start your business, an overview of your organization, how many years have you been in business (or just getting started), why did you choose CreateATL and how do you think we can best serve your needs?
8. If I am part of The Collective, when does the program start?
The Collective will start in May with rolling onboarding sessions. The exact time and date will be finalized when you receive your notification of acceptance to The Collective. A three-hour onboarding session will be held in-person to acclimate you to the facility, staff, and rules during the two-year program.
9. What if I cannot stay for the full 2 years?
We recognize an entrepreneur’s dreams change, things happen and life can sometimes take us on adventures we never thought would come to fruition. We expect a 30-day notice of your departure and always want to keep in touch on whatever path you choose.
10. As a part of The Collective will I have access 24/7//365?
Yes, we recognize that start-ups, small businesses, and creative minds work best at different times of the day. Only members of this dedicated group will have around-the-clock access to the building, however, we are only staffed during business hours.
11. Why should I join The Collective?
Working from CreateATL will help you with the resources, professional network, and, most importantly, space that a new business needs to thrive. Here, you can get your work done without worrying about anything else. You will get to know fellow entrepreneurs and have occasional access to mentors or advisors to assist you in growing your business. We also host numerous meet-ups and events like Food Truck Fridays, idea hours and through the entrepreneurial support programs, you can learn to hone your skills, market your business and get to know your consumer.
12. Do I need to give equity to be part of The Collective?
No. We do not take any equity in your product or service. Once you springboard beyond CreateATL, however, we would love for you to give some of your time, talent, and resources to the ecosystem for the next wave of inspiring leaders.
13. How does CreateATL ensure the privacy I need for my business?
Whether you are working with confidential information, or just want a safe space to talk about finances, we have you covered. There are two conference rooms and several sound-proof phone booths for your more sensitive conversations. Our IT team can secure private connections and servers, as well, at an additional cost.
14. Will CreateATL provide me with an advisor or mentor?
As a part of the CreateATL community, you will have the opportunity to connect with advisors and mentors who boast a diverse range of skills, experience, and knowledge.
15. Is the space available for rent?
While we reserve our space, first and foremost, for members of The Collective there will occasionally be outside groups that reserve time in the conference room or podcast space. Our app provides a digital calendar of availability and the option to book spaces.
16. Can I share the application with others who I think are a good fit for The Collective?
Yes, please. We know that good people know good people so please share the link to the collective application: bit.ly/CreateATL-Collective